Friday, December 20, 2013

Biggest challenge

The fruit goblet was the most challenging project for me because I really had to remember that I had to have enough area touching to make it be able to stick together.  Also, creating all the pinch pots took a lot of patience and time.  In order to create this project, I took a lot of time and made myself be patient because everyday of building this project, a fruit fell off or something broke off and it was very stressful.  I decided to not connect everything until after the initial fire and then connected it with glaze and let it all be fired together so the glaze would act as a glue.  If I could do this project again, I don't think I'd change anything, it turned out looking how I wanted it to look, even though it took longer than expected.  When my fruit goblet was completed, I felt a sense of completeness because I spent the most time on this project and was very detailed about it.  It was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment